I am a notorious over packer (on all ends). I don’t know what it is, but I always feel like I need everything with me when I’m away from home. It kind of gives me anxiety to think I might be without an item I’ll end up needing. (Because yes, Elisa, you will be needing 8 shades of pink lipstick on your weekend getaway). More recently though, I have made it a point to only pack the beauty items I’ll actually use. For the last couple of years we have been traveling quite frequently, so I really needed to learn to pack only items that are “necessary.” This includes my tried and true products I cannot be without.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (in Cannelle): I started using this concealer a couple of years ago after hearing rave reviews about it. Well, it totally lives up to the hype. It’s great at hiding dark circles and brightens up your under eye area nicely. Most importantly, it stays on all day!
- Too Faced Chocolate Matte Bronzer: This is my all time favorite bronzer. I love that it’s matte and has no shimmer. As much as I’ve wanted to love other bronzers, I’ve had a hard time finding other matte ones like this one. Everything always has some kind of shimmer in it! This bronzer is perfect for contouring (though I don’t really know how to do that). It’s an absolute must for me most days because I feel like it just makes me look a little more awake. My favorite thing about this bronzer? It smells like chocolate! I’ve used it for years now and I still smell it every single time I use it.
- Benefit High Beam Liquid Highlighter: I was gifted this product manyyy years ago and have repurchased it so many times. I dab it on the apples of my cheeks and just under my eyebrows for that perfect glow.
- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade (in Soft Brown): What did the beauty world look like before we became obsessed with eyebrows? I don’t know what I was doing before, but I definitely can’t live without my eyebrow products. I feel naked without some type of color on them. I use this pomade to shape and fill in my brows then comb them with a gel.
- Ouai Wave Spray: I typically wear my hair wavy (aka undone). I use this spray to add texture, whether I’m using a curling iron or letting it air dry. It creates the perfect amount of waves without giving my hair that crunchy feeling. Bonus point: it smells so good!
Do you have any beauty products that must travel with you?