Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

New Year, New Goals + A Little Velvet

White jeans (similar), cardigan, velvet cami (similar, under $10), Zara velvet shoes (similar here and here), Claire Vivier clutch (love the print on this one)

Real talk: I’m typically a jeans and flats type of girl. However, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy wearing heels every now and then. I thought I would wear these velvet heels to elevate my otherwise casual look. I loved that they compliment my velvet top as well as my white jeans!

Ok, can we also talk about the fact that it is 2018? Where does the time go!? I don’t usually set resolutions, but instead have goals I want to work on in the new year. I feel like resolutions are so hard to keep because things don’t always work out how you expect. I also try to keep my list short so it’s doable and not overwhelming.

Three goals for 2018:

1. Be Present: Like most of us, I am constantly on my phone. This year I’m making it a priority to really live in the moment and put my phone away more often. During the holidays, my fiancé, David, and I had a week off from work and I made it a point to unplug and totally loved it! This is something I’m going to try doing more often, especially on the weekends when I’m with my loved ones.
  2. Time Management and Organization: I’ve recently realized that I am always in a hurry! Like always. This year, I’m going to force myself to use my calendar more and efficiently budget my time, so I’m not always running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
  3. Adventure and Travel: For as long as I can remember, I have loved traveling and exploring. Something I’m sure I inherited from my parents. Even if it’s taking a small day trip or just exploring a new part of town, I live for it. It’s so eye-opening and there is nothing I love more than exploring with David. I want to take advantage of our ability to adventure while we still can!

What are some of your goals for 2018?

xo

Elisa

Share:

12 comments so far.

12 responses to “New Year, New Goals + A Little Velvet”

1. Anika May says:

Loving the splash of velvet in this look! Such a pretty outfit, great goals too 🙂

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

2. Jessica says:

Looking absolutely gorgeous out there dear! Love the outfit, simple yet really chic and elegant. Your hair looks stunning too!

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

3. Meghan says:

Love the neutral look with blue shoes! That splash of colour is perfect! <3

Meghan

4. Pentene says:

First, I’m obsessed with those velvet pumps, like seriously those are hot. Digging your goals for 2018. I’ll have to agree with number 1. Being present is really a big deal. We get so caught up in our day to day that we forget to be present and what it means to be. One of my goals for this year is to read more. And by read I mean picking up a book and putting down any access to the internet reads. Thanks for sharing beautiful.

Xoxo

• twosunnyinla@gmail.com says:

Thank you, Pentene! They’re my favorite pumps right now. That’s a great goal! I really need to work on reading more as well. Sometimes I buy books and only read the first few chapters…so bad!

5. Bea says:

Loving your style! You are so chic. Would you like to follow for follow on Bloglovin? 🙂

Xx,

• twosunnyinla@gmail.com says:

Thanks, girly! I’m not very active on Bloglovin, but I really need to be. Once I get on there I will follow you. I did just follow you on Instagram though. 🙂

6. Great goals–agreed, so hard to be present at times but important to do so & enjoy the moment!