Every season we like trying something new and different. We always have a list of things to do in mind, but since summer seems to fly right by, we don’t always get to check things off our mental list. This year in order to take advantage of our time, we each made a bucket list naming 10 activities we want to do. We also made a list of the top 5 things we want to do together before summer comes to an end.
Vanessa’s Bucket List
1. Go to Cabo San Lucas: A group of friends and I will be in Cabo late July. Yay!
2. Visit Coronado Beach: This is seriously the cutest place to visit when in San Diego. I love going to MooTime Creamery. The ice cream there is delicious.
3. Santa Barbara for the day: Santa Barbara holds a special place in my heart. I used to visit with my family every year growing up. Now, I love going and visiting all the cute shops, yummy restaurants along the pier, and the beach (of course).
4. Hike to the Hollywood sign: Anyone who has hiked to the Hollywood sign knows what a mission it is. I did it once years ago and told myself I’d never do it again. I think I’m ready to give it another chance. Who’s with me?
5. Have a carne asada with friends and family: BBQing is an all time favorite thing to do.
6. Bake more often: Is anyone else obsessed with Cupcake Wars?
7. Get a massage: After teaching little ones all year, I think I deserve a massage.
8. Bike riding on the beach: The beach is one of my favorite places to visit. Bike riding along the coast is just an added plus.
9. Watch another outdoor movie: Loved watching Selena at Hollywood Forever. Can’t wait to do it again.
10. Play beach volleyball: Did I mention I love the beach? Playing beach volleyball is a great workout.
Elisa’s Bucket List
1. Go to as many concerts at Levitt Pavillion in Pasadena: My fiancé and I try to go to these concerts every summer because they’re local, convenient, and free! Love that there is a concert Thursday- Sunday.
2. Road trip to Palm Springs: My friends and I tried visiting earlier in the year, but ended up canceling last minute, so we’re finally making it happen this weekend.
3. Make Frosé: Rosé is one of my favorite drinks to have during the summer (I know, basic). I’ve seen many recipes on Pinterest, so I’m dying to make it at home.
4. Plant lavender in our front yard: Lavender is one of my favorite scents. Excited to plant it and watch it grow in our front yard. Bonus point for it being low maintenance.
5. Try new wineries in Santa Barbara’s wine region: Can you tell I love wine? One of my favorite activities is to go wine tasting and Santa Barbara is only 2 hours away.
6. BBQ or eat al fresco in our backyard at least once a week: There’s no better way to enjoy summer than to eat outdoors take advantage of the warm weather.
7. Use my Disneyland passport more often: Got my passport a few months ago and need to start visiting more often. Love spending time there with my niece and nephew, but I also have to convince Vanessa to get one!
8. Attend Barnsdall Friday night: Nothing beats the LA view at sunset here.
9. Finally start looking at wedding venues: The fiancé and I need to get serious about planning our wedding. Thinking destination wedding.
10. Beach camping: Typically not a camping gal, but put me on the beach and I’m all for it.
TwoSunny’s Bucket List
1. Visit the Beverly Hills Hotel
2. Have a beach picnic in Malibu
3. Try Hot Hot Food
4. Drive down to La Jolla and try Holy Matcha
5. Attend Soul Cycle more frequently
We hope our lists encourage you to create your own bucket list and enjoy your summer.
Vanessa and Elisa